An independent annual 6 week reading program
for children ages 3 - 12 held at the library each
summer. Registration required.
Have Books - Will Travel!
June 3 - July 20, 2013
Registration begins May 20th!
Get your passport and start your adventure!
Come into the Main or Branch Library to sign-up!
Earn prizes by reading and entering
(Note: Grade levels are the grade just completed.
Preschoolers cannot enter drawings.)
Grades K & 1: 25 books (kindergartners can be read to)
Grades 2 & 3: 20 books
Grades 4, 5, & 6: 15 books
Preschoolers (Age 3-5): 30 books read to them
- Books over 70 pages count as 2 books
- Up to 5 TumbleBooks on our website count towards goal
Travel with Booker!
You can travel with Booker, our stuffed
library mascot! Check out our blue dog,
Booker T. Hound, for up to two weeks
with parental permission. Take Booker
on a weekend trip, a visit to Grandma's
house, or family vacation and record
Summer Reading T-Shirts
Summer Reading t-shirts are available
in child and adult sizes for $5.00. Be
ready for the road in our "Have Books
Will Travel" poly-cotton blend t-shirt in
a great spring green color!
Make-it-take-it crafts begin June 3.
Tuesday Entertainment at 2:00pm:
- June 11: MAGIC with Richard Landry
- June 18: Forest Park's "Amazing
- June 25: Snakes Alive!
- July 2: International Music "Pint-Size
- July 9: Magic, Juggling & Stories with
- July 16: Wildlife Prairie Park's "Tails
Free Family Fun: (for all ages)
- June 6, 2:00pm: Man Trailing Dogs
Meet real search dogs!
- June 13, 6:30pm: BINGO Night
- June 20, 7:00pm: The Bubble Guy
Prepare to be amazed by Geoff Akins
- July 11, 6:30pm: BINGO Night
- July 18, 6:30pm: Chris McBrien - humor,
puppets, and stories to make you laugh
BRANCH LIBRARY at Sunnyland Plaza
- June 18, 4:00pm: Forest Park's
- June 25, 6:30pm: Family Bingo Night
- July 11, 2:00pm: Hank Byrd's BIG
SUMMER READING FINAL CELEBRATION:
Reach your reading goal to attend the final
celebration. Kids under age 9 must come
with a parent.
Wet and Wild Water Adventure!
Wednesday, July 24, 6:00-7:30pm.
Main Library back yard*
Enjoy watery craziness with Troy Roark!
Wear something that can get wet, and
bring a towel. (Dry area provided for those
who'd rather not get wet.) Children will be
seated on the grass. Adults may bring
lawn chairs or blankets.
(*In case of rain or cold weather, there will be a
different show inside: "The Glow in the Dark Show"
featuring juggling, magic & music.)