Events & Programs
Free Family Fun!
(Registration not required unless otherwise noted.)
Brown-Bag-It Lunchtime Fun!
Wednesday, September 9, 11:30am
Bring your kids and lunches to the Main Library for Wildlife Prairie Park's "Our Sense-sational
World"! Drinks are provided.
Make & Take Craft
Thursday, September 17, 4:00pm
At the Branch Library
Come to the Branch Library at Washington Plaza for Q-Tip painting!
PAWS to Read
Saturday, September 19, 10:00am
Kids ages 2 and up can sign up to read to a registered therapy dog for a 15-minute session at
the Main Library. Call or stop by the Main Library Children's Department to pre-register.
Library LEGO Club, for ages 5 & up
Tuesday, September 29, 4:00pm
Pre-registration is required for this popular program at the Main Library. Use library-supplied
Legos to build your own creations, which will be placed in our library foyer display case!
Call or stop by the Main Library Children's Department to register.
Reader's Theater for 5th through 8th graders!
Are you a good reader who loves acting? Be a part of the 10th season of Washington Library's
Reader's Theater troupe! Reader's Theater begins after Summer Reading Club ends, filling your
whole summer with fun stuff to do. Our production always features hilarious skits, read and
performed with expression and enthusiasm! Learn drama and public speaking skills with
NO memorizing lines.
Mandatory Rehearsals: Tuesdays & Wednesdays, July 28 through August 12, from 10:00am
until 11:15am at the Main Library.
Performance: Thursday, August 13, at 6:30pm with cast party after
Family Movie Nights:
First Thursday of the month - Main Library Meeting Room.
- September 3 at 6:00pm - Descendants (2015-PG)
- October 1 at 6:00pm - Home (2015-PG)
- November 5 at 6:00pm - Cinderella (2015-PG)
- December 3 at 6:00pm - Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (PG)
Red Cross Babysitting Training
Please check the American Red Cross website for babysitting classes scheduled in the
area at www.redcross.org.
Participants must register online. Pre-registration and Red Cross fee are required.
Registration and payment must be made online through the American Red Cross website.
- To register go to the Red Cross website: www.redcross.org
- Select "Take a Class" or "Training & Certification" and select location by using Edit & entering
- Enter in all information required (zip code, course category, end & start dates)
- You can register online by using a credit or debit card
- If you have any questions, problems, or do not want to register online call the Red Cross Call
Center at 1-800-733-2767 option (ext.) 3.
- Payment cannot be made at the library